Thursday, 31 December 2015

Happy New Year - well nearly!!

Hi everyone 
It will be the new year in a few hours time and I wanted to get my final finish of the year posted after delivering it to my daughter and son- in- law today. It was meant to be a surprise present from me for Xmas day but I did not get the borders finished so I am pleased I managed to get it done today. 



So now I can start the 2016 projects! I can get carried away at this time and sign up for quilt alongs and swaps and this year is no exception !  I have already signed up for Lori Holts "Bloom " quilt sew along which is a monthly block and have already bought the templates as this an applique quilt which I have wanted to do for a while. 

The other sign up is to the 365 Quilt Long - a block a day for a whole year!   



I was attracted to it as the example is done in Civil War blue/ Browns which I love but already the first two blocks are causing me problems. The finished block size ranges from 3 to 6 inches and the first two are 3 inches per block. One of mine has finished a bit over so I will have to have another go at it. 



So I'll see how I go with it. My reason for signing up is to keep me busy!  My son and his wife left for a six month trip to South America, Central America, USA and Canada on Tuesday. It will be a wonderful experience for them as they travel up through Brasil, Argentina, Peru, Bolivia, Equador, Panama into California and then up to Canada but worrying for me at this end!!! 
So a happy new year to everyone !!!
Pauline 



3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous finish! And the new project looks like a lot of fun. The secret to small blocks is shorten your stitch a little and go slow. Safe travels for your son and wife - being a Mom is that worring part (that's why they make hair dye).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! The colors are awesome! Wow on the 365 Quilt along....who is hosting. It may be something I'm interested in doing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so pretty and I love how you quilted it too ! I seen the 365 challenge but decided that was likley more than I can handle but am doing a once a week block . I am sorry I missed a couple of your posts , I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year .

    ReplyDelete